AIrknigh Revival Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Catching up
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am by coolchemist2001

» Duel Academy Join now !!
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:57 pm by Nuran

» Twista Comes Here
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm by Twistã Râ Thör

» Forgotten Sea
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am by MindFlare56

» I'm back ^^
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm by MizutoAce (Maniac)

» WE REVIVING OR WHAT EH?
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:06 am by aaronspong

» Dark Magician Support Cards!
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am by kjk91

» ARC vs F+FA
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm by Nuran

» How to Register a Team
Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am by D.D._Hunter

Top posters
Ulquiorra666
Commenting on Bottomless I_vote_lcapCommenting on Bottomless I_voting_barCommenting on Bottomless I_vote_rcap 
Lethal Insanity
Commenting on Bottomless I_vote_lcapCommenting on Bottomless I_voting_barCommenting on Bottomless I_vote_rcap 
coolchemist2001
MindFlare56
Skyozuro
Blaze56
Cooljoshua567
Shido Fuyuki
Spirit_Of_Sun
Destroyercreator
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 138 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 am

Commenting on Bottomless

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
War Team: Razor Storm
AP: Infinite
Warning:
Commenting on Bottomless Left_bar_bleue0/0Commenting on Bottomless Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Commenting on Bottomless Empty
PostSubject: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Things that are not that clear about bottomless trap hole:
- Bottomless can affect many monsters summoned at the same time (say by effect of return from different dimension), and that's why:
- Bottomless trap hole doesn't target (I used to get this wrong, thanks celtic)
- Bottomless affects the monster depending on his attack after the summon, not the original attack; meaning, say batteryman AA are summoned by inferno reckless summon, bottomless can remove them from play because the new batteryman AA will have 3000 attack once they hit the field. Same goes for the calculator if say spined gillman is on the field, calculator will have 1500 atk once it hits the field and can be "bottomlessed".
- If the summon was part of a chain that's still ongoing, bottomless can't activate because it's activation missed its timing.
- Please PM me or reply my posts about rulings if you find them useful/useless/comments/etc.
- Disclaimer: i'm not trying to copy wikia on our forum. Actually many of the rulings i post aren't from wikia but are what i find on different forums when I'm looking for a specific ruling.
Back to top Go down
MindFlare56
Arc Moderator
Arc Moderator
MindFlare56

Arc Profile Info
AP: 70
Warning:
Commenting on Bottomless Left_bar_bleue0/5Commenting on Bottomless Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:59 pm

hum well idk myself tnx ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks coolchemist for clearing up the limitations of a very popular card. I'm sure this will be extremely useful information for anyone who doesn't already know about it. I would also like to add on to this that:
- Bottomless doesn't negate the summon of the monster, so if that monster has an effect that can activate during the main phase, the monster has priority and that effect can still be activated. For example: monarchs, Dark Armed Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, etc.
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
AP: Infinite
Warning:
Commenting on Bottomless Left_bar_bleue0/0Commenting on Bottomless Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Lol, here's an interesting scenario where I was wrong:
I summon xx-saber Hyunlei, declare 3 cards to destroy, opponent solemns, i dark bribe, then opponent activates bottomless. I argued that bottomless can't activate here, but i was wrong.
As i mentioned before, for bottomless to work, summon has to be the last thing to happen, and to my surprise, in this case it was....
Solemn tries to negate the summon, when it doesn't work, the summon is official, and that's when bottomless can actually be used because the summon was the last thing that happened. However, as the summon was the last thing to happen, the optional effect of hyunlei doesn't miss the timing and still activates.
Sigh, just when i thought i know enough rulings, a new situation pops up.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFF61337
Airknight
Airknight
ShadowFF61337

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Indeed. This is why "Solem Judgment" or "Black Horn of Heaven" is sometimes preferred over bottomless. Especially in cases such as reacting to the summoning of Black Rose Dragon.

The situation was in 2 chains. The First chain was negate the summon.
The Second chain was reacting to the summoning of the monster.

"Bottomless Trap Hole" couldn't be in the same chain because of spell speed. Bottomless Trap Hole(level 2 speed) wouldn't be able to activate In the same chain After Solem Judgment(Level 3 speed) was activated.
---

Chain 1
Summon Attempt ---> Solem Judgment ---> Dark Bribe

Chain 2
Summoned monster ---> Bottomless Trap Hole
Back to top Go down
Spirit_Of_Sun
Avenging Knight
Avenging Knight
Spirit_Of_Sun

Arc Profile Info
AP: 440
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

just an add on if i summon red-eyes darkness metal dragon and it gets bottomlessed you CAN call priority to special summon a dragon still and that dragon is not effected by bottomless because of the timing of the special summon
Back to top Go down
http://heavensealuchiha.foumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commenting on Bottomless   Commenting on Bottomless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commenting on Bottomless
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIrknigh Revival Clan :: ARC Extra :: General Discussion-
Jump to: