AIrknigh Revival Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Catching up
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am by coolchemist2001

» Duel Academy Join now !!
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:57 pm by Nuran

» Twista Comes Here
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm by Twistã Râ Thör

» Forgotten Sea
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am by MindFlare56

» I'm back ^^
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm by MizutoAce (Maniac)

» WE REVIVING OR WHAT EH?
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:06 am by aaronspong

» Dark Magician Support Cards!
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am by kjk91

» ARC vs F+FA
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm by Nuran

» How to Register a Team
Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am by D.D._Hunter

Top posters
Ulquiorra666
Worms, the new annoying archtype I_vote_lcapWorms, the new annoying archtype I_voting_barWorms, the new annoying archtype I_vote_rcap 
Lethal Insanity
Worms, the new annoying archtype I_vote_lcapWorms, the new annoying archtype I_voting_barWorms, the new annoying archtype I_vote_rcap 
coolchemist2001
MindFlare56
Skyozuro
Blaze56
Cooljoshua567
Shido Fuyuki
Spirit_Of_Sun
Destroyercreator
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 138 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 am

Worms, the new annoying archtype

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
War Team: Razor Storm
AP: Infinite
Warning:
Worms, the new annoying archtype Left_bar_bleue0/0Worms, the new annoying archtype Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Worms, the new annoying archtype Empty
PostSubject: Worms, the new annoying archtype   Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Recently in YCS orlando, there was a worm deck in the top 16 of the list. That was only recent, but it was still about the time i was battling my loyalty to KCVDS which prevented me from being on DN full-time (now i am).
I had read this article on KC forums: http://www.kaibacorporation.com/viewtopic.php?id=32751
and from my limited knowledge of the worms flip effects, all i could think was wow, this W Nebular Meteorite is broken as hell. Now despite the fact that i realized that flip effects of worms aren't that great, "W Nebula Meteorite" is the card that carries them from a tier ?? deck to a tier 2 or even close to being tier 1 deck (pending someone winning a YCS with them or getting to the final; remember my fish? XD).

Now, after i saw YCS orlando results, i thought i'll make me a worm deck and see for myself. Man, the deck is hella fun. It's broken as hell, all thanks to W Nebula Meteorite. However, it's a deck that can win even without drawing that card.

Now, to describe quickly how a worm deck works (the link i posted also helps explaining): a worm deck is basically made out of light attribute, reptile type, monsters many of which have flip effects. The deck runs 3 PoDs to maximize the chance of getting the winning condition (which can be at the very beginning of a duel sometimes): 1 Xex summoned on an empty field gets a Yagan face down. Set a W Nebula Meteorite, and enjoy the ride from there.
Main monsters include:
Cartaros: The deck's searcher
Worm King: Used to be an ok monster, became the archtypes real king with Nebula's release.
Worm Linx: Draw power, and trust me, it works despite the low attack and defense.

Now, in case you face a Worm deck, what should you side against it? Unfortunately for those earth crawlers, they're easy to side against (and being easy to side against doesn't mean they're easy to beat, ask the gravekeeper's)
For example, many flip effects = hello nobleman of crossout. All light monsters = light imprisoning mirror. A trap reliant deck = Lockdown with Royal Decree. Rely on searching quite a bit (3 PoD and 3 Worm Cartaros) = Thunder king. A Special summon oriented deck = Dyna fossil disabling it.

Six sams are a top tier deck no doubt, but the ease of siding against them has limited their recent success in YCS tourneys. Will that be a problem with Worms? Will their dependence on 1 card for success be also their downfall? Only time will answer that. For now, if you are a fan, enjoy the ride of dueling with Worms, and if you are a hater, you can start screaming that Nebula should be semi limited (i don't think it will be, not soon anyways lol).

Last edited by coolchemist2001 on Sun May 29, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skyozuro
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
Skyozuro

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP: 4100
Warning:
Worms, the new annoying archtype Left_bar_bleue0/0Worms, the new annoying archtype Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Worms, the new annoying archtype Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms, the new annoying archtype   Worms, the new annoying archtype Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Well tks for the hint to beat you and Itachi XD
Great archtype introduction right there Cool Razz
Keep up the good finds Razz
Back to top Go down

Worms, the new annoying archtype
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIrknigh Revival Clan :: ARC Extra :: General Discussion-
Jump to: