AIrknigh Revival Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Catching up
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am by coolchemist2001

» Duel Academy Join now !!
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:57 pm by Nuran

» Twista Comes Here
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm by Twistã Râ Thör

» Forgotten Sea
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am by MindFlare56

» I'm back ^^
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm by MizutoAce (Maniac)

» WE REVIVING OR WHAT EH?
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:06 am by aaronspong

» Dark Magician Support Cards!
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am by kjk91

» ARC vs F+FA
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm by Nuran

» How to Register a Team
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am by D.D._Hunter

Top posters
Ulquiorra666
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_vote_lcapIs there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_voting_barIs there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_vote_rcap 
Lethal Insanity
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_vote_lcapIs there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_voting_barIs there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? I_vote_rcap 
coolchemist2001
MindFlare56
Skyozuro
Blaze56
Cooljoshua567
Shido Fuyuki
Spirit_Of_Sun
Destroyercreator
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 138 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 am

Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Empty
PostSubject: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:27 pm

I feel like it's common sense to have all 15 slots of your Extra Deck filled up completely regardless of what deck you are planning on using, yet I face innumerable amounts of opponents that have less than 15 cards in their Extra Deck. I mean if you have no tuners in your deck, you could at least have the foresight to put in 3 Chimeratech Fortress Dragons into your Extra Deck. As well, with the unbanning of Monster Reborn (which is now a staple in most/all decks), you can easily steal your opponent's tuners from their graveyard, if that is what it comes to. Creature Swap, Exchange and other such cards may be used by your opponent, which means you may end up with a tuner on your side of the field, so your Extra Deck should still be prepared to synchro summon. Feel free to comment with agreements, disagreements, and/or additional Extra Deck staple recommendations.
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
War Team: Razor Storm
AP: Infinite
Warning:
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Left_bar_bleue0/0Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Funny I always think the same thing. Totally agree Celtic.
I have no idea why people would not have an extra deck (especially on KCVDS, where you don't pay for cards lol).
I mean, even in my gravekeepers deck where i don't have any tuners or use monster reborn, i have my extra filled at 15. If anything, it's a bluff that I am going to use tuners at some point.
Also, as you said, you'd never know what might happen. You never want to be stuck with a tuner without synchros just because you were too lazy to put something on the extra deck.
I mean, even if possibility is slim, you have the cards, just put them there.
Back to top Go down
Shido Fuyuki
ARC GFX Leader
ARC GFX Leader
Shido Fuyuki

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
Warning:
Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Left_bar_bleue0/0Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 am

LOL Celtic i was thinking the same thing, as you guys said never know what can happen in duels Very Happy
and Cool another good point because bluffs always good Cool! So people who use no extra deck take notes.[you know who you are >.>]

but yeah the big thing that does not make sense to me is when people have tuners and don't use the full 15 cards of the extra deck, i mean even if you use the most worthless synchro use it if there are no other syncs to do i mean just to be there. OK lets say you have 14 cards in your extra deck and your like gah thats enough uh no even if you have to put another copy of stardust dragon or black rose lol just do it!

and on the plus side Awesome to use as tokens Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShadowFF61337
Airknight
Airknight
ShadowFF61337

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 am

You know.... i never thought of that XD. It is a nice strategy now that you think about it. I never gave that idea A thought.... ever....
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
War Team: Razor Storm
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 am

Since i started using Advanced room for dueling, I see it as overwhelming that in 6 out of 10 duels i play my opponent would have a less than complete extra deck (less than 15 cards).

It's really annoying because I see that and my first thought is: ok, he's a noob. Then I count the number of cards in deck, if i see 40, my thought is: Great, it's either glad beasts or six samurai Evil or Very Mad . More often than not i'm correct in either guesses (sometimes both).

Bottom line: And quoting Andross from KC, "always max your extra deck".

Last edited by coolchemist2001 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
War Team: The Fallen's Invasion
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:33 am

Good point i see few people like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?   Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there EVER a reason to have no Extra Deck?
Page 1 of 1