AIrknigh Revival Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Catching up
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:52 am by coolchemist2001

» Duel Academy Join now !!
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:57 pm by Nuran

» Twista Comes Here
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm by Twistã Râ Thör

» Forgotten Sea
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am by MindFlare56

» I'm back ^^
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm by MizutoAce (Maniac)

» WE REVIVING OR WHAT EH?
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:06 am by aaronspong

» Dark Magician Support Cards!
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:31 am by kjk91

» ARC vs F+FA
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm by Nuran

» How to Register a Team
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am by D.D._Hunter

Top posters
Ulquiorra666
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcapDueling Network Vs KCVDS I_voting_barDueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap 
Lethal Insanity
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcapDueling Network Vs KCVDS I_voting_barDueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap 
coolchemist2001
MindFlare56
Skyozuro
Blaze56
Cooljoshua567
Shido Fuyuki
Spirit_Of_Sun
Destroyercreator
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 138 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 am

Dueling Network Vs KCVDS

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think is better?
<Dueling Network>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap55%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
<Both Programs>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap9%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
<Kcvds>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap0%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
<Kcvds (if they updated it - A LOT)>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap27%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
<No Comment>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap0%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
<I like this ____ in Kcvds, but this ____ in Dueling Network>
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_lcap9%Dueling Network Vs KCVDS I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Left_bar_bleue0/0Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Empty
PostSubject: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:03 am

Hello to all users. Im am more then sure in the last few weeks you have been reading about Dueling Network this, Dueling Network that.

I am making this post to ask all members of this site what they think about Dueling Network. The pro's, and con's of using it. Also I am asking you, what do you think is better and why? Kcvds or Dueling Network.

In the last few days Ive been playing on Dueling Network and I must say its been quite good, I like the whole idea of how simple it is and epically the easy user interface which it has to offer, and as an added bonus, everyone can host.

So my question is this:

Why would you play Dueling Network and/or not Kcvds (also vise versa) Also, what do you think about the 2 very different programs, and why you would most likely play one or the other, or even both?

Thank you for reading this post, Ive made a poll to cast your votes if you like voting of course instead of writing. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/erestor629?feature=mhum
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
War Team: Razor Storm
AP: Infinite
Warning:
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Left_bar_bleue0/0Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I started my response by voting KCVDS only if updated alot, but then i started typing my reply and realized that i should revote: DN is waaaay better.
I honestly have not used KCVDS for 2 weeks now (last time i used it was my war match vs Dew), and i don't expect to use it anytime soon.
Think about it, but the time KCVDS inserts W Nebula Meteorite and Reborn Tengu, one of them will have already hit the semi-limited list. Kaiba is extremely slow in updating cards, even ones that has become staple in many decks (remember how long DC had to proxy recruiter??)
Other obvious pro's are: no program to download, can be accessed from any computer, anyone can host, level of competition way better on rated lobby, the extra options such as return card from field to deck, and mill option, a rated system.

As it stands now, the only negatives in DN is the fact that their screen is smaller and that they have manga-only cards in their data base. The admins on DN can be asses sometimes (but not always), and you find noobs every now and then who would give you a.s.s. instead of admitting defeat (for which you still get the win btw).

Otherwise, DN kicks butt. KCVDS is really dead now as most Academies are declaring their wars on DN (oh, wait, even KCTAU is almost officially moving to use DN now).
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Hmm Yes, I agree, like I said Ive been playing DN for some time now, and the extra options are just great! However, I would like the admins to re-think about the whole "Admit Def" and also "a.s.s.". I got "a.s.s." two times already just because I mis-clicked on something, It's an easy mistake with all their small buttons...

Ive been playing DN instead of KCVDS, but if, and when KCVDS start updating, like adding new controls and buttons etc, also updating card lists, I may return to KCVDS as I LOVE the bigger screen.

(On DN I can finally use a card called "Wonder Wand" - which just kicks-butt when I quip it to an Old V Magician - flip effect kills monster, spell lets me trib 1 spellcaster to draw 2 cards.)

But yeah, the only thing I miss from KCVDS which isn't on DN, is the bigger screen.

May I ask that, which cards are not on DN because they are non-manga which you may know of please?

Thanks for your comment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lethal Insanity
Arc Head Tester
Arc Head Tester
Lethal Insanity

Arc Profile Info
War Team: The Fallen's Invasion
AP: 150
Warning:
Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Left_bar_bleue1/5Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Empty_bar_bleue  (1/5)

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm

I agree with all teh things here said. Yes, KC does take absolutly ages for new cards to come out. I prefer going onto DN and learning the new deck setups of them. Im loving all of teh enw featues of DN atm. However, sometimes i like to back to KC for a while. All of my good decks are still there (some have been transferred) and i can duel a lot faster on KC than DN. This is so far the only con i got

~Drago~
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:03 pm

The bigger screeen from kc is only thing that I miss.DN is better in everyway except screen size. This is my oppinion though.
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 pm

erestor629 wrote:

May I ask that, which cards are not on DN because they are non-manga which you may know of please?

I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant that in addition to all the cards released in real life in both TCG and OCG, DN has cards that only exist in Manga. To me that sucks because i have to learn how to play with cards that are not there in real life and might not be there for another couple of ban lists (if ever). The data base of DN isn't missing any cards, my problem is the extra cards.
Examples include the new dark world monsters and the Dark elemental her fusion monster (elemental hero escuridão).
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 am

I dont mind the cards from the manga. I didn't know there were new darkworld monsters though O_O
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 am

Ahh Ok, I think Im beginning to understand about the manga cards and your comment - thank. So, lets say I typed in a manga card, would they all appear in DN> or just some? Im not too sure :S
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 am

I'm not sure either if they have all the cards that ever appeared in manga, but i konw many cards in manga that aren't there in real life yet are on the system.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

I think just some. They dont have them all.
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh well, but thanks anyway guys (and girls, ya know, just in case Razz)

I've found a BIG NEGATIVE about DN.

You can get banned...........I've been banned (for 1 day) (which has started today at 18:18 UK time).

So, Ive been banned for a reason I dont even know about. Thanks DN, I dont see why you cant issue out an email saying what Ive done (apparently I've done something wrong)....

I find this very annoying (even through it's not the end of the world, I just find there isn't any need for it) epically when I haven't been informed about what Ive done or even on the profile page there isn't a, well, what we have on this site. A bar with the number of warnings.

However, I do understand that I was given and read through the rules and accepted them. Im just finding it annoying to the fact that I have no idea what Ive done wrong and why someone has reported me and I now have a 1 day ban. Ive read their rules and offence list etc, and from what Ive seen, Ive done nothing wrong. Ive only issued out 3 or 4 A.S.S for people who would not click "Admit Def"....I think that is fair.

I agree with an El_padrino: (two comments maded into one below)

"The situation is not why or who ban me, only out of my grief without a reason is why I'd like to know why/how come. Something is wrong if admins don't have to give the reason why they ban someone. That means that user can be banned on a "just because" reason."

The Detonator:
Administrator

"I just told you that there is always a reason. I just cannot provide you your reason. Just wait the ban out. Im sure you can do something in the "less than a day" ban you have."

Full article here:
http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t725-banned-in-the-middle-of-a-duel
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Well I knew you could get banned, it's actually a good thing they can ban certain people. But banning someone for no reason isn't right and you should be told why you were banned at the very least.
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes, I also think its a good reason too about banning. However, not being told isn't. /:L Im very disappointed as I haven't been informed at all. I do not find it unfair, as there must of been a reason, it was maybe the "over use of A.S.S", today I only used it 4 times as the people where not leaving or "Admitting def", which is also another rule breaker.

On the other side through, as I wasn't given a reason, I find it rather disrespectful of the site because of that. Even through it is for 1 day, they could of at least of enlightened me what was the problem and how to solve "the problem" in a grown up manor.

I am very disappointed with their actions.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I agree that if you get banned you should now what you did so atleast you don't do it again(if you did anything at all).
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes, that is my point I am trying to make. I accept if the reason for my ban (for 1 day) was probably because of the "over use of A.S.S" in their rules. However, not "Admitting def" and not leaving after a win is ALSO against their rules. Isn't the point of A.S.S because of people not leaving and admitting def as they are being a bad sportsmanship towards the duel?

What happens if this happens a few times during one day, like today for instance - people wont leave etc and we have to use it, then (I) get banned for the "over use of A.S.S". This is the problem...

/:L
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:08 pm

If you go to Dueling Network forum, it's swarmed by posts from people asking why they are getting banned. I think the admins on DN still need to get trained on when and why to use the ban. I also think that some admins do overuse their power just because they can.
I saw an admin chat once on DN, and he sounded like a prick; so arrogant and so senseless. He was like: "i'm the admin, you gotta respect me" and that kind of crap.

However, one way to get around that is pm BLS if you think that an admin is acting stupid or that an admin is abusing his power.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 pm

They just need to stop being douchebags.
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Yes, I have already seen how many posts there are, and Im starting to wonder if KCVDS has a better rule policy etc. Even through I agree that banning people (in some cases) makes the reporter pleased that the user can not log on for a few days, I also agree that these powers can be over used when there is no need.

At the moment I haven't seen any Admits over using their "powers" as I do not open up the chat box. - This is also another pro for DN, you can open or close the chat box which is cool.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra666
ARC Leader
ARC Leader
Ulquiorra666

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Both Kc and DN both have pros and cons. Just DN has more pros.
Back to top Go down
DuelistGuy9
New Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 am

You guys do realize you can make DN fullscreen... using your browser's fullscreen option. Just hit F11.

And yeh, some of the admins are jerks :\ I guess it's cuz DN is new and the admins are all new. Chico was a jackass and he got fired, so they are obviously working on fixing the admin issue. I would just complain about the shitty admins to BLS, and if that admin gets enough complaints he will get fired! =D
Back to top Go down
erestor629
Airknight
Airknight
erestor629

Arc Profile Info
War Team:
AP:
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:35 am

Haha, yeah, agreed. Good idea about hitting F11, I didn't think about that before. Hmm, this might sound silly but, when you enter the chat, the users with green names, are they Admins? O.o I think they are.....hmmm dueling network needs to remove the a.s.s and make it "c.a." (Call Admin).... :/
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001
Arc Admin
Arc Admin
coolchemist2001

Arc Profile Info
Warning:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 pm

The call admin option is being put on the table of suggestions now, we'll see if it'll happen.
Regarding the A.S.S. i always pick my duelists based not only on rank, but also on Reputation (the number on the right side) and that's usually pretty accurate as if someone has a rank of 1000+ and a rep of >100 then there's something wrong.

And yes, i think now the bad admins are getting filtered out cuz the earlier ones were bad. The current staff is getting better and better, and that's why i encourage you to take a screenshot and report an admin if he treats you unfairly (though now i repeat, i think they're good).,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dueling Network Vs KCVDS   Dueling Network Vs KCVDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dueling Network Vs KCVDS
Page 1 of 1